Thursday, January 1, 2015
What happens when your kids are in charge of helping you keep resolutions...
Happy New Year everyone! Thankful for another year with my family! So yesterday we made resolutions and for probably the 28th year in a row (since I was 12), I resolved to lose weight. I have a goal to lose 50 pounds by the time we go on vacation in October. This year is different, however, because I have enlisted my 13 and 15 year old to help me. This morning I woke up to find these all over my kitchen:
Well, I guess I asked for it! Maybe this strategy will help me be successful in reaching my goal, though it's certainly not a strategy I would have picked for myself!
In life, in teaching, in everything, we all must remember that we are not islands. Everyone does better with some help and encouragement, even if it comes in unexpected ways! Many times at school I am stuck in a rut or wishing I were better at some sort of thing. Sometimes I feel like I'm just treading water. I should resolve to enlist the help of others to meet my goals, and we all should! As the Beatles so eloquently put it, "I get by with a little help from my friends!" Happy New Year again and remember you're not alone!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love it Babes! You go!
ReplyDelete